Creating outstanding futures
At Leigh College we have a wide range of academic, technical and vocational courses designed to prepare school leavers for an exciting career in their chosen industry.
We have a wide range of courses including Animal Management, Science, Computing and Sport as well as our unique A Level Professional Honours Programmes.
As well as providing full-time College courses we also boast a whole host of apprenticeships, enabling students to gain industry experience and earn a salary whilst achieving a relevant qualification.
All students are taught by expert tutors who have a wealth of experience in their industry as well as education.
Making the transition from school to college can be daunting for many but at Leigh College we take pride in providing a strong pastoral system for students. Leigh College has a dedicated Head of Studies and Student Liaison Officer who supports students through their studies and time at College. The College also provides a transition service through the School Liaison Team, who provide careers advice, support and sampling opportunities for students in Year 8 through to Year 11.
Our Fab Futures Team also provides learners with the knowledge and support to ensure they progress onto University, an apprenticeship or employment at the end of their time at College. They can also assist with queries regarding available funding and financial assistance which will help during their studies.
Before enrolling onto a College course, parents and students are urged to visit one of our Open Events which are hosted throughout the academic year.
Jack Reynolds is currently on our A Level Professional Honours Programme on the Engineering pathway. He has recently received multiple offers from top universities including a BSc (Hons) Chemical Engineering at Lancaster University.
Tom Davies studied his Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport at Leigh College and is now a player for Wigan Warriors First Team.
Molly Stewart, former Harper Green High School pupil has gained university offers from three different universities.
Samuel Collins, former Westleigh High School pupil has recently received university offers to pursue his dream career.
Former Bedford High School pupil has her dreams set on being a nurse.
Centres of Excellence
Our established Centres of Excellence deliver a wide range of courses up to degree level and including Apprenticeships for outstanding careers in specialist industries.
We have established Centres of Excellence in:-
- Creative Arts
- Health & Social Care
DELIVERING EXCELLENCE IN CAREER PROGRESSION, TEACHING, FACILITIES AND INDUSTRY PARTNERSHIPS.
- Our established Centres of Excellence are focused on raising aspirations in Further Education and Higher Education by delivering excellence in learning.
- Students’ progress directly to University, Apprenticeships or Employment in their chosen career.
- Our expert tutors are time served experts in their industry and hold qualifications to PhD, Masters and Post Graduate level in their field.
- Our students are award winning in national skills competitions and industry awards.
- World class facilities and live industry projects with leading companies locally, nationally and internationally.
- Engagement and partnerships with employers providing excellent opportunities.
- Scholarship opportunities of up to £2000 for talented students.